Taskwarrior 2.4.0 beta1
Taskwarrior 2.4.0 is in beta, and available as a source
- Calc command
task calc '1 + 1'Hint: it’s ‘2’, but it’s a beta, so who knows? And yes, it can do more than that.
- Enhanced DOM support
task add due:123.due
- Date math
task add ... due:eom wait:'due - 1week'
task add \\u2615
- New command line parser. Why would you care? You wouldn’t. But we do, because it lets us be creative and add more useful features.
task showcommand, that includes default values.
- Hooks. Yeah.
- ISO-8601 date support
task add ... due:2014-09-15T18:59:00and about 30 other formats too, independent of
task inforeport now shows more … stuff.
- More virtual tags. That work now.
- New localizations. Now there are eng-USA, esp-ESP, fra-FRA, ita-ITA, por-PRT, epo-RUS. Dolphin and Klingon next.
Tasksh 1.0.0 is also in beta, and available as a source tarball. Features in tasksh include:
- Libreadline support for command line history.
So you can hit
Up-Arrow, which we know you’ve dreamed of.
- Nothing else. Because this replaces the old one, which did nothing and also crashed.
- It doesn’t crash.
- Or does it? Let us know.
- It is a separate project now, and not bundled with Taskwarrior.
Features are being planned for tasksh, and with subsequent releases you’ll see it grow into a useful addition. Or not. Who knows what future portends?
But seriously, we need your help and feedback testing this. It’s a big release.
Please note that this is beta software, and not suitable for everyday use. We welcome your feedback in the form of bug submissions, and general Questions & Answers.