Taskserver 1.1.0 beta1 Released
Taskserver 1.1.0 is in beta, and we are asking you to please test this release in your environment. See https://taskwarrior.org/docs/taskserver/upgrade.html for instructions to upgrade your server. There have been a few changes:
- New setup helper script,
setup_server.bash, which interactively leads the whole setup and configuration process.
- When hosting, the configured server name is no longer ignored.
- Taskserver can now be restricted to IPv4 or IPv6.
- New man page for
- Server now supports a configuration setting
trust, which can be either
allow all, and defaults to
- Configurable client certificate verification.
- Improved PKI scripts.
- Certificate examples now use CN, and not SANs.
- CRL certificate is now optional.
- Added certificate verification to GnuTLS versions older than 2.9.10.
statisticsrequest is now supported.
validatecommand will parse/validate a JSON string or file. Used for debugging Taskserver clients.
- If the
trustsetting contains a bad value, the
diagnosticscommand will indicate this, and the server will log it.
- Can log to STDOUT when configuration setting
logis set to ‘-’.
- Taskserver no longer ignore the host definition.
- Improved logging for errors, problems, data conflicts, JSON parsing, …
- Systemd script:
- Taskserver builds with the musl library
- Removed linking of pthreads.
- Improved I/O performance with better defaults for buffer sizes.
- Removed support for
- Documentation improvements.
- Most documentation moved online, to keep it more current and correct.
- Many bug fixes.
For full details, see the ChangeLog file included in the release.
The release is immediately available as a source
This is a beta release, and is not recommended for stable environments.